Kenya Fishing Industries Corporation (KFIC) is a body corporate established vide Section 3 (1) of the State Corporations Act, Cap. 446 (Legal Notice No. 214 of 23 November 2018 and Legal Notice No. 110 of 22 May 2020). Its mandate is to exploit fishery resources in Kenya fishery waters and high seas by promoting establishment and efficiency of business engaged in the fishing and fishing related activities.
Pursuant to this mandate, KFIC invites applications from suitably qualified Kenyans to fill the position of:
- Chief Executive Officer – KFIC 1
The Chief Executive Officer will be responsible to the Board for the day-to-day management and administration of all activities of KFIC.
1. Recognized Qualification
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have: –
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Natural Resources, Food Science, Fisheries Studies, Marine Affairs, Aquatic Science or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Natural Resources, Food Science, Fisheries Studies, Marine Affairs, Aquatic Science, or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- At least ten (15) years of experience, seven (7) of which should be in any of the following fields: -, Conservation Management, development and sustainable use of fisheries resource matters, or other relevant professional experience;
- Certificate in Leadership Course lasting not less than 4 weeks;
- Be a member of a relevant professional body, where applicable;
- Demonstrated results in work performance;
- Proficiency in computer application skills;
- Meet the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution;
- Exhibited a thorough understanding of Government development goals and aspirations, policies, objectives, and ability to relate them to KFIC Mandate.
Further, details on the Terms of Service, Functions of the office of the CEO, key competencies, and skills can be found in the document below.
>>>Functions and competencies and skills of the CEO’s office<<<
2. How To Apply
Applications clearly marked with the position title and including detailed CV, copies of relevant academic certificates, professional qualifications, testimonials, day-time telephone number, names and addresses of three professional referees should be delivered by hand at the Corporation Head Office at Liwatoni Fish port, Mombasa, courier or email -‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ so as to reach the address below on or before 12th December 2022 by 5:00 PM.
Board of Directors,
Kenya Fishing Industries Corporation,
P.O. Box 99775 – 80107,
Successful candidate will be required to fulfill the requirements of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya specifically by providing clearance from the following institutions;-
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) – Certificate of Good Conduct;
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) – Clearance Certificate;
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) – Tax Compliance Certificate;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) – Clearance Certificate ; and
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) – Clearance Certificate.
Kenya Fishing Industries Corporation is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.